Sunday, June 25, 2006

Love from Boonville, NY

We've spent the last few days in New York, taking a ferry from Vermont over Lake Champlaign and then biking up and past the Adirondacks, some of the most breath-taking moutain ranges this Miami girl has ever seen. A friend I was riding with told me he still felt like he was in Vermont-I guess the mountains don't pay any attention to those state borders.

So today is one of my worst sore days-sitting for hours in that little seat does wonders to my tush. We pushed 80 miles today, and it's going to be another long ride tomorrow, with a little rain to change things up a little bit. My days are no longer measured by the date or the day of the week, but more by how many miles the next day or what city we arrive to next.

I'm writing from the village of Boonville, which miraculously has internet and cell phone service for some (mine excluded). The women had wonderful bonding time in the local middle school showers, which is the only place town can afford to have 30 smelly bikers shower.

That's all for now. It's 8:30 and almost bed time for me (I know, I'm a crazy party animal).

Much love from the road.

PS If any of you were going to send me mail, we no longer have a mail pick-up in Grand Rapids Minnesota, though I would love to get mail anywhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home